Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Newton

On Wednesday, my friend Ben invited me out to go after the "fish of 1000 casts" (Tiger Muskie). I first heard of these fish when I first met Ben when we moved in January...

(Picture taken off internet)

We didn't catch one today and I have yet to catch one this year but I did end up catching a few other fish...that is, after the crazy boats decided to stop trying to sink us...a couple of big ski boats kept coming past us and close so their wakes kept almost coming over Ben's small fishing boat.

We got to one of the places we were planning on fishing at and I was able to land my first large mouth bass! It was a dinky baby but it was still my first. I also landed a nice 10 inch yellow perch. It has been years since I've caught a perch.

After that we kept catching small fish so we moved locations. We kept catching smaller fish, but i did manage this bigger sized bass.

We may not have caught that elusive muskie that I've been after, but we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment