Saturday, June 23, 2012

Late night with Ben and Ben

Friday after work my Friend Ben, brother Ben, and I decided that it would be a great idea to do some late night fishing at the Bear River Bird Refuge. I asked Kat if she was okay with baby and she was a sport and told me to go and have fun...( I guess I didn't really tell her exactly HOW late I was going to be, we didn't get back til 3:30 am) Well, Friend Ben and I decided that we would leave around 8. By the time we got the car loaded, it was 8:30. We headed down to Brigham City to meet brother Ben.

We picked brother Ben up in Brigham City along with some cold beverages (Mt. Dew) and snacks and we were on our way to the refuge. We arrived just as it was getting dark and the bugs and sqeeters were nuts! We used a lot of bug spray to finally ward them off a little bit. We set up our poles and chairs and set out to wait. I had brought some old glow sticks that I wasn't sure worked and we were able to get four to work and hung them on the tips of mine and brother Ben's poles so we could see if we had a bite. They seemed to work alright. Friend Ben just set his drag real low so that if he had a bite he would hear the line being took.

The fishing was slow to start but eventually picked up. We didn't ever catch a giant Cat that we were after but we had few decent ones and lots of babies. Friend Ben had the best catch of the night with this 22 incher...

Friend Ben also brought some gigs with him in case we saw/caught carp. They were fun to play with.

Brother Ben had the idea to cut up one of the carp we caught to use as bait. He caught one I believe on that bait. Over all, it was a great night. I enjoyed being able to hang out with my friends and have a guys night out. Another night adventure is definitely in the works. Here are a few more pics from the night.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm... We forgot to tell the wife just how late you would be out? Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete