Monday, June 25, 2012

What it's all about

I was assigned to Ricky (name changed) about a week and a half ago, and I'd have to say he is by far my favorite. He is 11 years old and loves to fish and be outdoors. He is also really loving scouting. I've taken Ricky a couple of times to fish and he's gone with the scouts, but to no avail, he had never caught a fish. I was dumbfounded last week when we went to a money hole for trout and nothing...we saw bout ten swimming around but they just gave us the fin. I went out with him today and told myself, if he can't catch a mudcat, I don't know what he can. So off we went to Cutler Resivour and we hooked on the trusty worm and what do you know? He caught his first fish! He was so excited! I almost convinced him to kiss it ;). He blew it a kiss and kept talking about how beautiful the fish was. I can't wait to get him some bigger, more satisfying fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment